NOTE: It is a good practice to install VistaPoint server software on a dedicated
server (VM) and under no circumstances should you install it on any machine that
already has an instance of SQL installed.
- Processor: 2.5 GHz or higher
- Memory: 4 GB RAM (recommend 8GB on larger deployments)
- Hard Drive: 10 GB free space to allow for the collecting of logs
- 1,000 Mbps (Gigabit Ethernet)
- Dedicated server: this can be physical machine or VM (ESXi 5 is supported)
NOTE: No other instance of SQL can be on the target machine. The VistaPoint installer
will install SQL Express on the machine during the server installation process.
You do not need to purchase a license for this version of SQL.
The VistaPoint Server software can be installed on the following operating systems:
- Windows XP Pro – recommended for stand-alone console installations. Install the
VP server and Console of the operator's Windows 7 computer.
- Windows 7 Pro or Ultimate 32-bit – recommended for stand-alone console installations.
Install the VP server and Console of the operator's Windows 7 computer.
- Windows 2003 Server 32-bit
- Windows 2008 Server 32 bit for CiscoTSPs prior to v8.5(1)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit with CiscoTSP v8.5(1) or higher
- Virtual Server deployments are fully supported: VMware, Hyper-V
Stand-Alone Console Deployments
For single-console deployments you can install the VistaPoint server software and
the Console Companion on the operator's Windows XP Pro or Windows 7 computer.
Server Installation Checklist
- Recommended hostname: "vistapoint" or "vpserver" (something easy to remember and
short Hostname = Must not exceed 13 characters)
- Server must be assigned a static IP address
- Temporary access to the Internet (for license confirmation)
- Install a desktop application on the server for Administration
- When performing the installation do not use a terminal connection. We suggest this
be done directly on the desktop such as VMWare Console or if absolutely necessary
as a console connection under RDP mstsc.exe /admin (mstsc.exe /console) – the argument
for that connection depends on the OS and or service pack level of your OS. Typically,
the part that fails when doing a normal terminal connection is the Database service
and or the related ODBC and service dependencies. As a result, our SQL database
will be unable to register and the VistaPoint Notes service will fail to start.
- You Must be logged on with local administrator rights for installation and configuration
- You Must allow inbound TCP 8001/8002 connections to our PCE service (VistaTDS.exe)
- If you are using a software firewall create the exemption rule for "VistaTDS.exe"
so that client applications can connect to the VistaPoint Server.
Cisco UCM-Specific Requirements
Cisco TSP (this must always match the Cisco UCM version)
Please download and read these guidelines before proceeding
Deploying VistaPoint with Cisco UCM
Cisco Configuration Guide for VistaPoint
VistaPoint Client Hardware Requirements
- Pentium Processor or equivalent
- 2 GB Memory
- 100/1000 Mbps (Gigabit Ethernet)
- 5GB space on hard drive
- Mouse, keyboard, monitor
- Operating Systems
- Windows XP Pro SP2
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
Connectivity to the VistaPoint Server using TCP Ports 8001 and 8002
: If you are using a software firewall create the exemption rules for
the client to allow outbound communication to the VistaPoint Server